|Primary Job Function||Events|
|Organization||The Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce|
|Type of Position||Full-Time|
|Education Requirement||Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (Marketing, Public Relations, Hospitality or similar degrees preferred)|
|Experience Requirement||Minimum 1 year|
|Starting Salary||Commensurate with experience|
|Description & Details|
About the Organization
The Chamber is influential at all levels of government. The Chamber generates and maintains an active membership and is responsive to the members' economic and business interests; serves as the main economic resource for its members; and actively seeks and develops opportunities for economic growth through business recruitment, business retention, and downtown enhancement.
The Chamber staff is educated, experienced, and competent. The Chamber operates with state-of-the-art efficiency, is technologically up to date, and operates from a professional headquarters. Additionally, the Chamber is soundly and efficiently organized into appropriate divisions, committees, and programs.
The Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce shall work for its members and be the leading force in promoting the commercial, industrial, agricultural, and civic interests of Greater Plant City and East Hillsborough County.
The Chamber's objectives are:
To foster the development of activities leading to enhanced community pride and quality of life.
To be responsive and proactive to the business community.
To serve as the primary resource for area businesses.
To actively seek and develop opportunities for economic growth.
To proactively influence governmental activities, which impact the local, economic, and civic environments.
To promote active engagement, opportunity, and inclusion for all of our citizens while respecting our differences.
The Event Coordinator reports directly to the President of the Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce. The EC manages 15 events that are open to the community, 13 in house events to serve members and coordinates many committees for different programs and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position needs to flexible, organized, people-oriented and have the ability to toggle between details and the big picture.
- Event Planning- plan, organization and arrange all details for all chamber events
- Financial Management
- Ensure all events are profitable
- Achieve budgeting goals
- Raise funds for the organization
- Produce financial reports on all events
- Content Creation- work with the communications coordinator to consistently create valuable content for the members and the community through all platforms
- Executive Communications- maintain positive working relationships with the board and trustees
- Internal Communications- manage communication between the staff and the members to achieve the goals set out by the president and the board
- Marketing Communications- create marketing strategies to achieve the goals of each event
- Media Relations- maintain strong relationships with local media and manage all advertising and editorial content creation
- Multimedia- work alongside the communications coordinator to create engaging content on different media platforms
- Social Media- create and manage social media campaigns for the organization
- Flexibility- will be expected to help the president, communications coordinator, other team members, board of directors and members in any way your skillset can provide service
- Customer Service- every team member of the Chamber serves the role of serving our members and providing assistance as needed
- Physical Requirements- Must be able to lift 30lbs and be able assist in the setting up and tearing down of small and major events
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Canva, Constant Contact, and Chamber Master are a plus
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with various audiences
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make decisions efficiently
- Most weeks will be daytime office hours, Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 in person at the office in downtown Plant City
- Some weeks will require evening and weekends for certain events
- Remote work is not available for this position
- A flexible and adaptable team-player