A MESSAGE FROM YOUR CHAMBER PRESIDENT RE: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR CHAMBER PRESIDENT
RE: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
24 March 2020
Dear Board of Directors, Chamber Members, and Plant City Community:
I am writing today as our community faces an unprecedented challenge. I have no doubt that you’ve been inundated with information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its affect on us on a local, state, national, and global level. While this is certainly a challenging time for us all, I wanted to update you on what your Chamber is doing to support you.
Our team has been hard at work developing new ways to support you and your business during this time.
- Serving as a convener of accurate, correct information:
- Your Chamber is posting resources daily to our website to support you. Please visit www.PlantCity.org/news/ for the latest information and developments as we have them. We will additionally post these resources to our social media pages.
- Being the direct connection between local business and the public:
- Our team has been checking in with local businesses via phone calls and surveys. We are using this information to share with our community and share which businesses are open and which restaurants are offering to-go options. Through these methods, we have reached over 25,000 Plant City residents.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly if we can assist you through this challenging time. Together, we will be #PlantCityStrong.
- Setting the example:
- We know social distancing seems like an extraordinary measure. By following the guidelines set out by the CDC we are protecting each other and the ones we love most from this virus. In accordance with these recommendations, we have made the decision to postpone all in-person meetings through at least April 30th. We are working on robust virtual programming to support you and will be communicating with you in the coming weeks as it is available.