RECAP & FAQ: Phase 1 Plan for Florida's Recovery
Governor Ron DeSantis has issued Executive Order 20-112 regarding Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery. Phase 1 will begin Monday, May 4th.
Toplines for restarting our state’s economy include:
Additional guidance is as follows:
- Extending Florida’s Safer at Home Executive Order until midnight on Sunday, May 3rd
- Upon the expiration of the Safer at Home order, all Florida counties with the exception of Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward, will begin to reopen using a phased-in approach
- Schools remain distance learning
- Visits to senior facilities remain prohibited
- Hospitals will be allowed to resume non-essential elective surgeries
- Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with 6ft. space between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity
- Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity
- Movie theaters, gyms, fitness centers, bars, and personal service (such as salons) will remain closed under the initial reopen phase
We understand that there will be more questions as to how this plan will impact your business. We will continue to send additional information as it is received and to update our South Tampa Chamber COVID-19 Resources page daily. Please also follow our Facebook page for real-time updates.
- Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside their home.
- All individuals, when in public, should maximize physical distance from each other.
- Avoid socializing in groups larger than 10 people in circumstances that do not readily allow for physical distancing.
- Face masks are recommended for all those in face-to-face interactions and where social distancing isn’t possible.