Fiscal Specialist - Accounts Payable Clerk - Lakeland - 21680830
$13.00 / Fiscal Specialist / Accounts Payable Clerk
Hours/Days: M-F 8-5
Dress Code: Business Casual
- • The Mission of the Client company has a high degree of public accountability, regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- • Support and comply with the Mission Statement and Code of Conduct of the Client Company.
- • Maintain a high standard relating to professional conduct and behavior.
- • Work cooperatively with other employees of the work unit and embrace a teamwork approach to completing tasks.
- • Process and pre-audit most invoices for goods and services rendered to the Client Company and some of the elected officials.
- • Process and pre-audit payroll and revenue related vouchers.
- • Post-audit most invoices and checks prior to releasing to vendors or departments.
- • Research inquiries from Client Company departments, vendors, and other agencies regarding the status of payments.
- • Maintain accurate files and provide accurate information as requested.
- • Processing monthly Pcard statements.
- • All other duties as assigned.
- • Being able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- • Multi-task as needed.
Minimum Skills / Qualifications:
- • Ability to acquire or have knowledge of current procedures to accomplish tasks within areas of responsibility of Accounts Payable overall operation and workflow.
- • Ability to organize, prioritize and manage work to meet necessary time requirements, performance measures, and work load.
- • Ability to remain flexible as conditions change and continue effective performance in the face of additional challenges.
- • Ability to work with staff in a supportive, productive, and positive manner.
- • Ability to cover the work of other employees to ensure all deadlines are met.
- • Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- • Ability to write detailed correspondence.
- • Ability to apply job-related Florida statutes and Client company policies and procedures
- • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- • Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of the organization and read and write English. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- • Ability to maintain attention to detail.