Medical Insurance Verification Specialist - 20736316 - Lakeland
$15 hr - Insurance verification Specialist / Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
The Insurance Specialist verifies benefits and obtains authorizations for all exams scheduled in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service. Administration of the insurance process includes verifying insurance and obtaining appropriate authorizations to ensure quality patient care and satisfaction.1. Obtains authorization/pre-certification for the correct scheduled exams of assigned facility.
2. Effectively uses task work list and inputs insurance benefits and authorizations in the proper context and location.
3. Maintains/updates current insurance authorization requirements. When changes are made, insurance requirement
list is distributed appropriately.
4. Receives internal and external telephone calls to answer questions and resolve problems regarding insurance
benefits, verifications, and/or authorizations in a concise and courteous manner.
5. Effectively communicates benefits and authorization/precertification problems to the referring physician, patient,
and/or RIS facility as needed.
6. Schedules and reschedules patient appointments when needed from the scheduling phone queue or incoming phone calls.
7. Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with HIPAA guidelines.
8. Performs related work as required.
9. Customer Service.
2 or more years in the Medical Insurance Field required.
High school diploma or GED.
Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, patients and referring physician
offices, and the ability to work independently.
This job requires prolonged sitting; Normal vision range with the absence of color blindness, normal hearing, and
normal eye to hand coordination and manual dexterity; the ability to distinguish letters and symbols. This position
may require lifting up to 25 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Medical Insurance/Authorization exp required!
- Exceptional customer service
- Great personality
- Detail orientated
- Great communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of MS office
- Strong data entry and typing
- Must be able to pass a drug screen