Family Literacy Coordinator
Position Title: Family Literacy Coordinator
Work Hours: Part-time (Approximately 30 hours per week)
Reports To: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote community awareness of the Family Literacy Program.
- Develop and maintain collaborations to assist in the delivery of family literacy services.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
- Recruit families for participation in family literacy program.
- Orient families to participation in the family literacy program.
- Monitor delivery of all program components.
- Monitor student attendance and participation in the program.
- Maintain project data and prepare project reports and evaluations.
- Supervise daily activities of program staff.
- Coordinate the delivery of services with collaborating agencies.
- Assist in provision of direct services to families including parent education.
- Directly supervises the day to day activities of the family literacy employees.
- Staff professional development –determine staff training needs, research appropriate training opportunities, provide ample resources to maintain adequately trained staff.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education or similar area. Excellent communications skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish). Knowledge of community resources. Minimum of two years of experience in education field.