To support our three focus areas: Talent, Workforce & Education, Economic Competitiveness & Business Climate, and Community & Prosperity, our Business Advocacy Committee will look at topics associated across all three priorities. Topics including kindergarten readiness and third-grade reading scores, crime and poverty rates, and how many certified MWSBE companies we have are a few examples where you will see us plugin.
In conjunction with data points that the Office of Economic Vitality and organizations like the Florida Chamber of Commerce and Department of Economic Opportunity are currently tracking monthly and annually, we have launched a condensed Community Scorecard. Click HERE to launch the Hillsborough County Scorecard.
As the longest-serving business support organization in the region, we are a powerful influence for positive change. No other organization has the ability to pull together influential leaders and community stakeholders like the Chamber.
The Chamber’s Governmental Affairs Committee leads these efforts. Its mission is to monitor issues, collaborate with partners, and create a positive impact on the local business environment. We are committed to:
- Championing the issues that matter most to businesses
- Identifying priorities and working collaboratively to advocate on your behalf
- Maintaining and nurturing strategic partnerships and coalitions
- Monitoring issues affecting local business and sharing calls to action with members through open channels of communication
- Conducting candidate surveys and sharing results with members during election years
Actively gathering your feedback through member surveys and face-to-face interaction and then acting upon your input and interests to help implement the Chamber’s strategic plan.